1. Personal Information Collected and Collection Method
1) Personal Information Collected
Air Seoul collects the following personal information for the purposes of member registration, customer consultation, and the provisions of services.
- (1) Website member registration
- ① Required information: user name (both in Korean and in English), gender, date of birth, contact information, email, nationality, country of residence, identity verification number, identification (ID), and password
- ② Additional information for members under the age of 14: name of legal guardian and date of birth
- (2) Log-in for non-members
- ① Required Information : e-mail address
- (3) Flight reservations
- ① Passenger name, membership number (members only), date of birth, contact information, and email
- ② Payment information: credit card payment (card number, transaction authentication number), and bank transfer (name of bank, account number)
- ③ Passport information (passport number, expiration date, issuing country, nationality)
- ④ Reservation of US line : Passenger Information (existence of passport, gender, date of birth, passport number, date of expiry, place of issuance and nationality), Location in the U.S.A(passenger, country, states, city, address, zip-code)
- (4) Customer service center
- ① Name, contact information, email (optional), date of birth (optional), and flight information (optional)
- (5) Promotional events
- ① Air Seoul notifies users and receives consent prior to the collection of personal information not required for member registration that is needed for promotional events.
- (6) Automatic collection of personal information
- ① Service usage records, access log, cookies, IP information access, and payment records
2) Collection Method
Air Seoul collects personal information for the purposes of membership registration, the provision of customer service center services and bulletin boards, and member participation in promotional events.
2. Purpose & Use of Personal Information Collected
1) Implementation of Contracted Services
Personal information collected is used for the implementation of contracted services such as the booking and issuance of tickets, provision of contents, and identity verification for financial transactions and banking services, etc.
2) Member Management
Personal information collected is used for the provision of membership services, member identification, registration confirmation, and the processing of complaints, etc.
3) Marketing and Advertisement
Personal information collected is used for the provision of information on new services, new products, and promotions, and the compiling of statistics related to member service use.
3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
- 1) Air Seoul will not use personal information obtained through its website for any purposes other than those outlined in this policy and will not provide user personal information to any third party without prior consents from the user, except in cases pursuant to related laws, measures, and/or orders from the government.
- 2) A minimum level of user personal information must be provided to third party service providers for the smooth provision of partner services. In such cases, Air Seoul will notify users in writing, via email, or on the website of the content of information being disclosed, purpose of disclosure, and information retention period, and will obtain user consent prior to use of services.
|Subject of Offering||Using Purpose of offering information||Items of offering information||Terms of Retaining and Using Personal Information||The fact that it has the right to refuse consent and the contents of disadvantages of refusal of consent|
|Meritz Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd.||Conclusion, maintenance and
Date of birth
|Until 5 years from the collection of personal information and termination of Insurance Exchange||If you don't want insurance, you can refuse to accept it. However, if you refuse to accept this agreement, it is not possible to execute an insurance contract.|
4. Personal Information Entrusted to a Third Party
In order to provide Air Seoul users with top quality services, Air Seoul entrusts the handling of personal information to external service providers; in doing so, Air Seoul implements all means necessary to ensure the safe management of personal information in accordance with all applicable laws. Service providers and entrusted tasks are as follows.
|Classification||Entrusted work||Third party recipient|
|Website||Website operation and computer processing||Asiana IDT, WEE’S GROUP|
|Air Seoul payment products and services including ticket purchases||KICC, First Data, Korea Financial Telecommunications & Clearings Institute, E-context (Japan), KG INISIS, EXIMBAY|
|Identity verification, I-PIN authentication||NICE Investors Service|
|Sending of notices via SMS or Kakaotalk alert||KT, LG CNS (SMS, Kakaotalk alert)|
|Call center||Booking and issuance of tickets and customer consultation||Will&Vision|
|Airport||Booking and issuance of tickets and boarding services||Incheon: KA
Overseas: foreign operators
|Flight reservation and transportation systems||Provision of services for air travel including booking and issuance of tickets||SITA Information Networking Computing USA Inc.|
5. Personal Information Retention & Period of Use
- 1) Personal information provided by users is retained and used by Air Seoul for the duration of service use.
- 2) Air Seoul disposes of all personal information within one business day of the completion of services, withdrawal of membership, loss of membership, or the closure of business by Air Seoul. Personal information is disposed of through the deletion of databases and related documents. However, in accordance with the Act on Consumer Protection in Ecommerce Transactions and other regulations, personal information may be retained for other purposes as follows.
- (1) Records of contract or subscription cancellation (retention period: 5 years): Act on the Consumer Protection in the E-commerce Transactions, etc.
- (2) Records of payments and provision of goods (retention period: 5 years): Act on the Consumer Protection in the E-commerce Transactions, etc.
- (3) Records on the processing of consumer complaints or disputes (retention period: 3 years): Act on the Consumer Protection in the E-commerce Transactions, etc.
- (4) Records of website visits (retention period: 3 months): Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- (5) Records of promotional event participation (retention period: 1 year): standards set forth by Air Seoul
- (6) Other records: until the purpose of collection and use of information has been fulfilled.
- 3) AIRSEOUL notifies users who no records logging in to the website over 1 year by e-mail at least 30 days before the date of transition to dormant members, and stores and manages the personal information separately. Information of withdrawal member is destroyed by deleting the database.
- 4) Notwithstanding the provision above, in accordance with ecommerce, commercial, and related laws on consumer protection, personal information may be retained for the purposes of preservation, or in cases in which users are notified in advance of the retention and use of personal information for payment and/or legal disputes.
6. International Transmission of Personal Information
- Air Seoul reservation and transportation systems are operated and provided by SITA. The following personal information of customers will be transmitted outside Korea to SITA to allow for the smooth operation of Air Seoul services.
- A. Personal information transmitted to
- - SITA Information Networking Computing USA Inc.
- B. Personal Information Transmitted
- - Passenger’s name, date of birth, gender, phone number, e-mail address
- - Passport information : passport number, expiration date, issuing country, nationality
- - Purchasing by credit card : card number, expiration date, transaction approval number Bank Transfer payments : transaction number
- C. Country, Date and Method of International Transmission
Bank Transfer payments : transaction number
- - Reservation Information : USA, Transmission upon completion of reservation, Transmission between Air Seoul and SITA via a secured network
- D. Purpose of Personal Information Use and Retention Period
- - Reservation Information: Operation and maintenance of Air Seoul reservation system, up to 5 years after transmission
7. Destruction Method of Personal Information
Personal information is immediately destroyed once the purpose of collection and use has been fulfilled.
Personal information stored in electronic files is destroyed using technological methods that prohibit file restoration.
1) Destruction Procedures
- (1) Personal information provided by users upon membership registration shall be destroyed in accordance with internal policies and related laws on the protection of personal information, once the purpose of said information has been fulfilled.
- (2) Except in cases when required by law, personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than retention.
2) Disposal Method
- (1) Personal information printed on paper shall be shred or incinerated.
- (2) Personal information stored in electronic files is destroyed using technological methods that prohibit file restoration.
8. Personal Information of Minors, Rights of Legal Guardians, and the Exertion of Rights
- 1) Air Seoul must obtain consent from a legal guardian when collecting the personal information of a minor under the age of 14, providing information collected to a third party, or using information collected for anything other than the expressed purposes. Accordingly, minors under the age of 14 may sign up for membership only upon receipt of consent from their legal guardian or parents.
- 2) The parent/legal guardians of users under the age of 14 may request to disclose/revise personal information provided, withdraw user membership, or cancel their consent to information disclosure (etc.) at any time. Air Seoul will immediately comply with any of the aforementioned requests once the identity of the legal guardian has been verified.
- 3) Users and/or their legal guardian(s) may request to view and/or change personal information or request membership withdrawal at any time.
- 4) The search, revision, and/or withdrawal of personal information for users and/or minors under the age of 14 can be completed on the Air Seoul website
- 5) When a user requests the correction of personal information errors, the information will not be used or shared until the error has been successfully corrected.
A. Method of personal information inquiry, modification and withdrawal
After logging on to our Internet website, you can click 'Change Member Information' to inquire information. You can modify and withdraw (subscribe) the information by clicking the 'Change Member Information' and 'Delete Membership' buttons on the page.
9. Technical and administrative Measures for the Protection of Personal Information
Air Seoul employs the following technical measures in the handling of personal information to protect user personal information from loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, external attacks, and hacking, and to ensure the highest level of security.
- 1) Personal information is password protected, and all files and transmission data are encrypted for added security.
- 2) Air Seoul has installed anti-virus programs to protect user data from computer viruses and regularly updates these programs to their latest versions.
- 3) Air Seoul employs security devices which transmit personal information on networks using encrypted algorithms.
- 4) Air Seoul uses security devices in order to prevent the leakage of personal information and monitors data at all times using an invasion detection system.
In addition, the user is given a user password by designating a user in the system that processes personal information and updates it regularly.
10. Installation and Operation of Auto-Collection Programs and Refusal of Use
Air Seoul operates cookies, which automatically save and retrieve user personal information. Cookies are small text files that the server used for website operations sends to the user’s browser. Cookies are saved on the hard drive of the user’s computer.
2) How to disable cookies
Users can configure their browser settings to accept all cookies, receive an alert before accepting cookies, or disable all cookies.
※ How to configure settings (for Internet Explore)
Cookies can be managed by clicking on “Tools > Internet options > Personal information” in your internet browser. However, some features or services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies has been disabled.
11. Complaint Handling Procedures
Air Seoul provides a variety of channels through which users can express opinions and complaints related to the Air Seoul website and services. Any questions, comments, or inquiries will be quickly addressed by Air Seoul staff. Please contact us using one of the following with any questions, comments, or complaints.
- ▷ Website: customer service center ☞ Click here Click
- ▷ Air Seoul Call Center: 1800-8100 (no area code needed)
12. Personal Information Management Staff
Air Seoul makes every effort to protect the personal information of its users and employs the following dedicated staff members for the purposes of personal information management.
|Person in Charge of Protecting Personal Information||Director Cho Jin Man||Management division||1800-8100|
|Head of Personal Information Protection Management||Head of Department Lee Jong-Hong||Management Support Team|
|Personal Information Protection Manager||Manager Kwon Hyo-Seok|
|Privacy officer||Staff Ha Yin-Kyeng|
For questions or to report any problems regarding the infringement of privacy and personal information, please contact any of following agencies.
- - Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (www.kopico.go.kr / 1833-6972)
- - Personal Information Infringement Report Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118)
- - Cyber Investigation Division of Supreme Prosecutors' Office Republic of Korea (www.spo.go.kr / 1301)
- - Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (cyberbureau.police.go.kr / 182)
Notification date: June. 13. 2019
Revision Date : June. 13, 2019
- Details on the Revision of Personal Information Processing Policy
▷ Revised as of 2018.12.03 by the homepage management company
▷ Revised as of 2019. 5. 16 : Notice of International Transmission of Personal Information, Revision for Third party recipients
▷ Revised as of 2019. 5. 24 : Personal Information Collected, Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party, Personal Information Retention & Period of Use, Personal Information of Minors, Rights of Legal Guardians, and the Exertion of Rights, Personal Information Management Staff, the infringement of privacy and personal information
▷ Revised as of 2019. 6. 13 : Modification of Personal Information Item collected when sign up for homepage,